The Firm, the Vision and the Role
Citizen Abroad Tax Advisors was created in 2013 by Laura McLeman, CPA, CA, CPA (IL) who has managed her own clients and practice since leaving EY in November, 2002. With a focused specialty in ONLY Individual US and Canadian expatriate tax, the firm has grown by providing personal service to clients (program and individual alike). Alicia Lucchesi, CPA, CA, CPA (Wash)
joined the practice in 2017 as a Partner, momentum built and the firm has grown 100% in the past 2.5 years, doubling clients and in team size. The attraction to the firm for both clients and team members is the culture of support built by design, with the partners investing heavily in technology, the team and clients. We have added 8 team members in the past 6 months to
continue to achieve balance in demand for our services and support for our clients.
The Vision (under construction)
As Advisors, We believe in being Professional. Personal. Proactive and Exceptional.
As a Team, We proactively and continually evolve, advance and improve.
The Role – (Manager, Senior Tax Manager, Director)
We are searching for the next Leader of our firm. A person who is an experienced Cross-Border tax professional with proven management and technical skills interested in not only lifting up and mentoring our diverse team of young professionals located globally but also who is ready to invest in personal technical and professional growth. Compliance is a significant service offering in our practice and the ability, willingness and enthusiasm for guiding preparers, reviewing tax returns and delivering quality product to our clients is a MUST.
We would like the next Leader of our team to join in and contribute to the significant momentum of our growing practice, while enjoying the path to success along the way. Our leadership style and the expectations we hold for the next leader in the firm is that of encouraging our team and our clients to feel comfortable, confident and excited enough about what we do that the “movement” (see link below) creates further growth and momentum for our practice.
On a lighter note, when it comes to Leadership and to understand what we are trying to build, we believe strongly in the theory of the Dancing Guy presented here by Derek Sivers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW8amMCVAJQ. Enjoy!
The Qualities and Experience We Value
• Proven People and Client management skills.
• A minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in the area of US and Canadian personal tax return compliance and advisory in a professional services firm (with focus on US and Canadian personal and cross- border tax)
• US and/or Canadian CPA designation preferred, or strong desire to attain a designation
• Experience in advising corporate clients on cross-border payroll, tax policy and compliance with respect to assignees and business travelers
• Experience in tax strategy implementation, research and cross border tax planning
• Strong communication , analytical and organizational skills
• Critical thinking and creativity to identify problems and potential solutions
• Personal Motivation with an ability to work both independently and within a team environment where your team is globally dispersed and diverse
• Good understanding of the workings of tax software(i.e. working WITHIN Canadian Taxprep and US CCH ProSystems)
• High comfort level with technology and cloud-based office software and paperless environments
Additionally we are very interested in candidates with the skills to execute the following
• Review (initial and/or final) individual US and Canadian tax returns and working papers for accuracy, completeness and technical errors
• Gather and summarize relevant information and documentation from clients who prefer and pay for “white glove service”
• Support and mentor junior and senior professional staff, and conduct on-going training in respect of tax matters
• Communicate with clients with the intention of understanding and delivering superior client service
• Participate in client consultations for new and existing clients
• Work with our Client Experience and Engagement team to manage workloads and projects within the office
• Work with our administrative team to ensure that your time is spent on tax and business development vs administrative
• Prepare and present tax training sessions on various topics, this may require travel between offices, including India offices.
• Work closely with partners and other senior tax staff, to continue to develop and grow the practice and our team
• Perform research on relative US and Canadian tax legislation, policies and practices
◆ Competitive Salary with Performance (Individual and Firm related) Bonuses
◆ Full time flexible work arrangements
◆ Extended Health and Dental Benefits Package
◆ Professional Development Training Benefits
◆ Remote office capabilities
◆ Relocation for ideal candidatecontact us